Monday, May 30, 2011

Clothing and Toy Drive at Rupy's International

There are a lot of times that I buy things which I never end up using and there are so many things that are just lying in my room. As I am writing this, I know I am not alone. Few months back we decided that we would conduct a clothing drive in Kathmandu to benefit the people in far western part of Nepal. We have been spreading words to our family and friends asking them to donate cloths and toys. Today I went to Rupy's International School and talked to the students there. We talked about what the drive is all about. The principal of the school said, "It may just be another shirt for you or a toy that is collecting dust in your room, but to the people who cant afford to buy a shirt or have never had a chance to play with a toy, its going to mean a lot to them." We came to a conclusion that giving up something that we aren't using and watching a smile come on someone's face will will be a priceless moment. The school very kindly has agreed to conduct a two week long clothing and toy drive which will be co-ordinated by Ms. Geeta Puri and the student council. The drive will end on the 15th June, 2011 and the representatives from MLB will collect the donations from the school.

On behalf of Making Lives Better I would like to thank Mrs. Rupy Singh (Owner/Founding Director), Mr. Chandrayan P. Shrestha (Principal) and Mrs Geeta Puri (Vice Principal) for all of their support. Also I want to thank my brother Rohit Singh Bhandari (student at Rupy's International) for co ordinating our meetings with the school management. 

No comments:

Post a Comment